One of my FAVORITE desserts to make with vegan meringue is Baked Alaska! If you are looking for a WOW dessert, this is it.
Have you ever made vegan meringue with the liquid from a can of chickpeas? Well, if not, you’re in for a treat. Click here for the Vegan Meringue Recipe made with aquafaba. This creamy, light and luscious topping takes any dessert to another level.
how to make a baked alaska
A Baked Alaska involves simply cake, ice cream, a sauce or glaze, and meringue. You can use any cake, ice cream, sauce or glaze you like. Play around with flavor profiles and have fun!
For the glaze or sauce, I made vegan chocolate ganache – Chocolate Ganache recipe.
The ice cream layer is So Delicious cashew milk based Salted Caramel Cluster. Of course, you can use whatever dairy-free ice cream you fancy.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- A muffin pan
- A culinary torch like this one – Culinary Torch Lighter
Instructions for the Baked Alaska
- Line your muffin pan cups with Saran Wrap.
- Bake the cake and make the ganache.
- Once the cake has cooled, cut the cake into circles the size of the muffin pan cups and fill the muffin cups each with a circle slice of the cake.
- Spoon and spread some ganache on top of each cake.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on top of the ganache.
- Put the muffin pan in the freezer to set for about 30 minutes.
- Make the meringue – vegan meringue recipe here.
- Take the muffin pan out of the freezer and plate each individual serving.
- Drizzle with more chocolate ganache if desired.
- Pipe the meringue on top and on the sides each individual serving of Baked Alaska.
- Sprinkle a little organic cane sugar on top of the meringue.
- Use your kitchen torch to toast the meringue.
- Serve and enjoy!